Research Projects at GRI
Some of the research projects either current or recently completed:
Collaborative research funded by external sources
1. Risk factors for dengue hemorrhagic fever in Sri Lanka.
FIRCA Grant, National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA.
2. Pediatric dengue surveillance in Colombo.
Pediatric Dengue Vaccine Initiative (PDVI), South Korea.
3. Genetic identification of vertebrate species in Sri Lanka using DNA barcoding.
Funded by an ADB project through the Open University of Sri Lanka.
4. Cross reactivity and prophylactic activity of HLA restricted Dengue 2 and Dengue 3 T cell responses.
Funded via a contract grant (National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA) awarded to the La Jolla Institute of Allergy and Immunology.
Contract research funded by external sources
Genetech is also funded by local researchers who use Genetech's facilities and expertise for contract research.
1. Molecular Epidemiology survey of Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). With the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka
2. Phylogenetic study of fresh water shrimp (Macrobrachium rosenbergii ) by characterization of Cytochrome Oxidaze 1 (CO1) region. With the University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.