Scientific Collaborative Projects
• Projects initiated under this scheme will be considered formal research collaborations between GRI and the external researcher.
• The external researcher and GRI will agree on a time frame, scope of work, and budget for the project. An agreement will be signed between GRI and the external researcher spelling out these details.
• Technical services and laboratory work may be performed in either of the following ways subject to mutual agreement:
i. By the external researcher and GRI staff.
ii. By the external researcher and a research assistant appointed by the external researcher.
• Budgeting for this type of project will take the following into consideration:
• Chemicals and consumables
• Technical personnel fees (if done by GRI staff)
• Equipment fees
• Bench fees
• Overhead charges
• GRI scientists will be co-authors of any publications or presentations that are generated by the project.